Friday, May 5, 2017

Where Justice, Love, and Mercy meet :)

This was such a great week. 

:)

Saturday went really well. We had an amazing member turnout, and the Spirit was strong. We had the agenda all set up, and dispite a few last minute problems with a speaker for the baptism, everything turned out perfectly!

Claudia shared her testimony after the ordinance, she is so happy! Stefany(the member daughter) stood up to bear her testimony as well, but she was overcome with emotion and the tears started flowing. Unable to contain herself, her mother gave her a big hug. I think she said enough. 

I am always humbled by the greatness of God. I am fully aware that I did realtively nothing when you think of how many missionaries visited that house, how many prayers were said, how many lessons were taught. Indeed, "I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God." The Gospel truly brings happiness and joy in a way that nothing else can. Although it is not an easy road, it is the greatest road that we as children of God can take. I have learned much from the Maldonado family, and I am grateful to my God that I was permitted to be present on this miraculous day. 

This week went fast. Elder Wright and Elder Jenks keep me running around, sharing the Gospel with all those we can see. I'll admit, I often feel like the old tired man that is trying to keep up with these two Elders. They are amazing. But I?.. But I, Sometimes I get tired and, hoot dar'n, sometimes I even get discouraged. 

Wednesday night, for some reason,  "notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart (was exclaming): O wretched man that I am!" And I felt tired and just... weird. Elder Wright noticed, and asked me a few questions, and then just got silent and thoughtful. That night in companionship prayer he prayed for "animos" which I thought was strange, but I didn't think too much about it. The next morning, he just started saying a bunch of things like: " how lucky we are to be missionaries." and "I am so excited to go out and bless people's lives today!"  Made me feel amazing. I started to say those same type of phrases, and in little to no time I was out of my funk.  

If I've said it one time, I've said it a million times:

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Yesterday we were so pumped, that on the bus to the area, which was SO full of people. We stood up in front and proclaimed the Gospel with the voice of a trump. It was exhilirating!

Anyways, this was a great week! 

Hope you have an even better one!
In Fact,

Have the greatest of weeks,

Love you lots

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment