Monday, May 29, 2017

That Which Is to Come

Welcome to El Porvenir, Cuscatancingo!

I am here finishing the training of Elder Robles, his first trainer just finished the mission and now he will finish me off too!

Elder Robles was born in Puerto Rico, and at age 15 he moved to Florida. So pretty much he is an American that speaks perfect Spanish. He is 26 years old, a convert to the church, and he has a very strong testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel!

I think that God is just too good. He decided to bless me with a great companion and a great area for my last 6 weeks!

I also think that God wants me to lose weight! haha the entire area is like this🏔🏔🏔🏔🏔🏔🏔🗻🗻

Lots of super steep hills, and lots of ups and downs and ups and downs, etc.

The ward is a super energetic ward. every day from Tuesday to Saturday people are in the church, in seminary playing soccer, etc. Its super fun!

We have been looking for new people to teach. There was a kid that just got baptized last week, but now that he is a member we don't really have any investigators... So this week we have knocked a lot of doors, and God has been really good to us, opening doors and guiding us. We found a 14 year old kid named Isaac that came to church yesterday and stayed for the whole thing! We are hoping to teach his mother as well, the two of them live alone and I think for Isaac to have success in the church she is going to have to come too!
I have extreme desires to find and teach a family. This ward needs it. Animos are kinda low, and now more than ever this ward needs to come together and get the blessings of the Restored Gospel.

In short, we have a LOT of work to do, and I am PUMPED. STOKED. ENTHUSED. and probably about 500 more synonyms to work this change. 

I have felt the blessings of the Spirit this week very strongly, and can notice at least 3 different reasons why

1. Reading and focusing on the Book of Mormon. 
2. Charity and Obedience
3. Focusing on the Joy of Repentance

People have been responding really well and I am super excited. This is going to be a great change!

I love you all,

and I invite you to read the Book of Mormon :)

Have the greatest of weeks!

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment