Monday, August 22, 2016

Keep Your Head Up

Only Rainbows, after Rain,
The sun will always,
shine again.
but its a circle, 
circling,
around again,
it come around.

I said

Only Rainbows, after Rain,
The sun will always,
shine again.
but its a circle, 
circling,
around again,
it come around.

And I know it's hard,
yeah its hard
to remember sometimes.

But you gotta keep your head up :)

If there is one single thing that I have learned on the mission, it is to be grateful for trials, because I know that they are all part of God's plan and that He is trying to teach me something!

Now before you think that I have been crying and sad all week, don't think that. Andy Grammer helped me to make it through the week. I made a conscious decision on Monday that I was going to be happy regardless of what happened. And it worked! But it was still hard for me. 

So my comp got in a disagreement with the Zone Leaders on P-day. He got super mad and demanded that we go home(that's when I made the choice to be happy;) So we went home and slept all P-day instead of going back to the ruins with the zone. But God's tender mercies are there for all of us! On the way home we ran into a Mormon Family from Sacramento, California that gave us a ride and bought us some food! they were super kind and they asked us to give them some Book oves Mormon(plural of Book of Mormon) to give away! Brightened my day. Then I had a super good nap!

Then I guess my companion wanted to play the silent game for the rest of the week, so I mean, I walked around and talked to a whole bunch of people this week while he followed and occasionally helped out when the person spoke Spanish. 

But then on Friday we had a Zone attack, and all the missionaries from the Zone came to my area and helped us to find some new people to teach(which was desperately needed)

But the best thing that happened this week was that Sister Williams came to church! she is a returned missionary that hadn't been to church in YEARS, but finally was ready to make the big step and go again! I was so happy for her. I am thankful that God let me be here when she made that choice! Friday my comp made a cool Dominican dish and we had dinner with her and her boys(2 less active young men and 1 9 year old kid who is actually her nephew but is not baptized yet!) it was awesome

so yeah, being happy is a choice, going through trials is not. Only through Jesus Christ can we make the choice to be happy and to press forward in faith! Only by Repenting of our own transgressions and forgiving others of theirs can we be truly at peace with ourselves and the world! It's hard but it's possible because of the Atonement!

Anyways, I love you all. SO SO much

Have the greatest of weeks!

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment