Monday, May 30, 2016

When the Weeks feel like hours




When the Weeks feel like hours

... and the hours feel like seconds. But changes are like months and days still kinda feel like days, is that weird?

Really after so long in this area with the same companion and same Elder in the same house, every week kind of starts to blend together. The days go really fast and time just starts to slip through your fingers!

this week was a really great week! Once again we put some really high goals for ourselves to start it out and I am super glad because we were able to meet them! As a result we found many new investigators and some of our old new ones are starting to progress rapidly! this week we have even more new goals and so I hope that this helps us to find the people that are waiting to hear us! 

Lets talk about people.

Victor continues to progress rapidly! he has gone a week and a half (10 days!) without trying a drop of alcohol! He didn't come to church on sunday though...but we found out why! he told us that he felt embarrassed to come because he didn't have any clothes that he felt were fit to come to church in. We explained to him that the Lord doesn't care what`s on the outside, but what`s on the inside.(but we're definitely going to find him a shirt and tie to go in next week)

We went with Jander yesterday after about a week and a half of not seeing her. She told us that she and William broke up:( it makes me super sad to here that. We are hoping to be able to get ahold of him this week(because he is now living in Lourdes, a city about 30 minutes away) and see how we can help them to keep on progressing! maybe they`ll just have to get baptized separately... 

we had a lot of less actives come to church yesterday and even more that should come the week after! I`m super happy about that!

But like I said, the hours feel like seconds and I`m already out of time to write... :(

But I hope you know that I love you all and that I know that this is the work of the Lord. It is absolutely inspiring to see the change that God is making both in my life and in the lives of the people with which I am working.(you see that, spanish helps me not dangle my participles...) 

I am grateful for trials. We get acquainted with God in our extremities(see Our Heritage)

I am grateful for happy times.

I am grateful for life!

Have the greatest of weeks
I love you all

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment