Monday, November 30, 2015

sonsafuego

Well the rainy part of the year is officially over.

I remembered that I`m in the hottest zone in the mission again.I like being a missionary. I feel like I`ve really grown up these last 4 and a half months. I`m not the same kid that stepped  on the plane that day in July. I like the older me. I`m a lot more focused, I have a lot more willpower and desire to work hard, and I speak Spanish. 

I especially felt old this week teaching a few of our investigators. Well, one is a less active member and the other is an investigator, but they are living together and so in my mind they're both kinda investigators. She wants to get baptized and he wants to be good. So we have to get them married... right? oh yeah there`s one thing I missed. They're 15! Telling them about marriage or separating and the law of chastity made me feel old.


So this week was thanksgiving!! I made it all the way until 9:00 ithe night that day without even realizing it. Haha They don`t celebrate it at all down here. But last week we celebrated it as a mission so... I wasn`t upset!

This week we found another english investigator. We were walking down the street and he called out to me in English. I started talking to him (poor elder Torres couldn't understand) and he swore a lot; like every sentence. But, he shared with me a great desire he has to change his life and to come to Christ. I really hope he starts to progress. His name is Rafael. I struggled SO hard to speak English with him. Maybe it's the fact that I speak Spanish 24/7. Maybe it's the fact I haven`t had a gringo companion to talk about gospel things in English since the CCM, but I kept accidently speaking in Spanish, It was hard to teach a lesson in English. HAHA I love Spanish so much!!!

Me and my comp started a band. We play only in our house from 10 to 10:20 every other night or so. Ok so we`re not a band. We just both like to play the guitar. He bought a uke and I am teaching him how to play it. I feel like my letters are getting progressively more and more boring. I haven`t had any fun rants in a while... This week it snowed black! ok not really they were burning sugar cane so they could harvest it(im not sure how that works, but hey) and a bunch of the ash was falling from the sky. super cool stuff you never see in the states that`s super normal here.


This week I've learned a lot about God. I know that he is there, and I`m starting to see His hand more and more in my life. He very carefully is guiding everything that is happening. This week I was starting to catch the vision that He has for my life. I can`t explain it, and I don`t know what it is, but Ive learned to love it when life is hard and to submit myself to God`s will.


If we let Him, God will shape us into more then we ever before imagined. If we do his will we will learn wonderful things about us and about Him. We will begin to change. One day we will stand before Him and will thank Him for purifying us so we can stay in His Presence. I love this Gospel. There is no doubt in my mind that this church isthe Church of Jesus Christ aqui en la tierra. He guides us through a living prophet, who leads us back to Him. God`s plan is perfect. Just think, everyone who comes to this Earth will live forever in a state of Glory. If we keep our covenants we can live forever with our families in the highest of all Glories. How amazing is that? I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. I know that He lives!! all of us can be happy in this life through Him. He is the only bread that fills to never hunger again. He is the only water that forever quenches thirst. His perfect Atonement saves us from the Fall, and lifts us to exalted hights. I am so grateful for Him and His love!!!


I love you all!!!
Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment