Friday, November 11, 2016

The Cement Jungle.

The city is so much different than anything I know. 

Lot´s of people, lot´s of places, lot´s of things.

it´s great. 

I actually have found that I relate a lot with lots of the people here. Sometimes in more rural areas it was hard for people to listen to me because that´s not the way I grew up. I actually have a more similar background to the people here in the city. People are more educated, which means they understand more, and they seem to have the same type of fears and likes and dislikes as I do. 

The ward here is super solid. We have so many solid members that just do the right thing without any recognition. They aren´t rich, they aren´t famous, but they just help other people and try to do what God wants them to do. It´s really inspiring. 

As for the office, I am getting more and more used to the fact that I will spend most of the rest of my mission here. I´m trying really hard to get the trust of the members so that we can work so hard together and so that the ward here can grow and progress. I am super happy to serve here and I know  that God is already blessing me. 

I´ve noticed that most people already know what they need to do. if they need to read the scriptures, or go to church, or get married. They KNOW what´s right. But what they really need is for someone to listen to them, to understand that it´s hard, and to encourage them to do what they know. 

So if you find that you are living below where you would like to be:

23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.

Animos! as we say in spanish. You can do it! remember always that we have our own free choice to make our lives better. To be better people, and to enjoy the blessings of heaven! cheer up your hearts and remember that because of the Atonement of Christ we can have whichever path we choose! If we TRULY want to return with our Heavenly Father, we will!!!

This week the most positive person we are teaching is Claudia Maldonado. She is a recent convert´s mom, and she has a really solid desire to learn and to grow. This week we taught her lesson 2, and she had lots of questions because it was very different than her Catholic background.

I love the Gospel. Watching the Plan of Salvation work in people´s lives. It´s amazing.

I love you all. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ fixes lives. I know that God loves me, that he knows me, and that He lives!

Have the greatest of weeks!!!!


Ps. Little miracles: the Spirit told me to take my camera card out of my camera while I wasn´t using it, and to put it in my mission manual. Then all of a sudden I lose my camera, BUT NOT MY PHOTOS. Tender mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment