Monday, July 25, 2016

I can't believe it's not a weekly email

because it is. 

Just a quick shoutout to my dear friend Cameron Blume, my dearest sister Jeh, and my dearerest dad, Dad.

you made it through another birthday without me there;) next time you all have birthdays, you'll have to save me a piece of the cake.

But I'm NOT baggy, so I hope it's a long, fun year.

This week was super sweet. Everything is falling into place and our investigators are progressing quite nicely. I did not manage my time very well though, so I'm going to focus on the best parts.

Rose Vernon is an investigator we talked to in the first week. We could not for the life of us find her again, but she was super positive. Turns out this week that we learn that she is almost always at her family's house, and so we just needed to go look for her there. We found her there, and about 10 other people that might have potential to progress!

But Rose did first. We were teaching her The Restoration, and you could just see it in her eyes. She told us she believes it all, and that she wants to join the true church of Christ! she also told us though that it is going to be super hard, because she and her whole family attend another church, and the church is paying for her grandkid's tuition at school. I have full confidence though, that she will be able to overcome all difficulties as she relies on the Savior! We've been checking up on her and she has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying!

And then Orlando. He is also a guy we talked to several weeks ago, but couldn't find him in his house until this week. He has many questions, sometimes TOO many(he gets distracted by little things) but all of a sudden during one lesson he started to react differently. He is starting to understand, and I'm excited to keep working with him.

And then there is Shawn Vazquez(the one that was going to get baptized the 6th) He and his family are so amazing, and they have such good desires for good. He recently got a new job(which is great, because he hasn't had one in years) but he hasn't worked out with his employer yet to have Sundays off... He did talk with the employer though, and he said that this next week he'll be able to come to church again. If he does and all goes well the baptism will now be for the 13th. 

I love you all, and I love the Lord. There is no greater work than that of helping God in his(Moses 1:39)

Have the greatest of weeks!

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment