Monday, April 11, 2016

On the Lord`s errand.

Let`s talk a little about mangos.

I don`t think I ever had eaten a mango before in my life. Do we have mangos in the states?

but the problem is.

I love mangos. 

so here in El Salvador we are just getting into the full swing of Mango season, so I feel like you all deserve a description of how you eat mangos here.

First, there are the green mangos. They are the ``unripe`` mangos that supposedly they only eat here. They are kinda sour but they have a very very addicting taste. they are delicious. you eat them with lime and salt and hot sauce. don`t bite the pit though, it is VERY bitter.

There are mango trees EVERYWHERE, and so they are very cheep and I might eat too many. 

Second there are the ``ripe`` mangos(orange) Mango season is just starting, so they haven't quite really all ripened yet, but for the first time in my life I ate a fresh mango. Turns out you have to peel it like a banana. huh who knew? they are very delicious. 

Can you buy mangos in the states?

Ok now that my little sidetrack is done.

This week I learned just a little bit about what it means to be on the Lord`s errand. Have you seen President Monson`s biography movie that is called ``On the Lord`s Errand?`` If not I encourage you to watch it one of these Sundays to learn a little more about the great life of our great Prophet.

President Monson talks a lot about following the promptings of the Spirit. When the Lord commands, obey. This week we made a goal to visit more less active members and to help them feel the Spirit more in there lives. 

tuesday we had to go to a doctors check up for my rash(don`t worry Mom, he said everything cleared up well!) we got home late and only had a couple of hours to go visit people. We had had planned to go to visit a certain family in the branch, but it looked like we weren`t going to have time to go and visit them. But I felt, we HAVE to go visit that family. My comp felt the same and so we went. 

They let us in and we small talked for about half a minute, and then the Sister started telling us about her week. A family member had passed away and she needed someone to talk to. She had been praying that we would come over. Mostly, we just listened as she talked it all out. She has been through the temple, and so she knows and has a strong testimony of the plan of salvation, but its still hard to lose a loved one! We listened to her and gave her words of comfort, and we asked if she wanted a blessing. We gave her and her daughter a blessing and by the time we left they were feeling comforted and peaceful. The Lord had worked through us to calm their hearts and bless them! I was so humbled by the whole thing.

We had a couple other similar experiences that just made us wonder at the power of the Lord. His hands are in everything we do, and he has a perfect plan for all of us.

My investigators are doing well and I am scrambling looking for how we are going to do 3 weddings this change. I really hope they all go through.

(1 alberto and his wife who wants to wait like 3 months)
(2 manuel and isabel)
(3 some old investigators we found in the area book this week named Jander and William who accepted a baptismal date and to get married!)

Life is good. I love being a missionary.

Christ lives.

He loves me. and you.

Have the greatest of weeks.

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment