Friday, January 13, 2017

January, A New U, A Rockin Year

the saddest thing about this email is that I am writing it for the second time... sigh...

haha but that title was harder to write than it was impressive!

I feel like any jokes I make will be old cuz I'm making them again, but I guess I'll have to just bear with me!

First off, this week was great in the office! I feel like I got everything caught up to date and I feel ready for changes week next week!

Second off, next week is changes week! can you believe that I´ve already been in the office 2 changes? me neither! I've officially been here as long as I was in Santa Elena!

Third off, Jose and Claudia Maldonado! We've started focusing on teaching Jose a little bit more this week and they are both progressing like mad! the only problem is that they won't come to church! shoot dang!

fourth off, I deleted a longer version of this email

fifth off, Dora Alvarez is doing well, but she only has us over once a week, which makes progress slower, but more to come with here as we keep goin strong!

My favorite part about being a missionary come from a phrase that I learned back in Zaragoza. Missionaries are branch(and ward) builders! It's really humbling to see the work of God in peoples lives! Although sometimes you can't see the progress, sometimes it looks like people are moving backward, and sometimes you just want to grab people by the shoulders and shake them around and say, "can't you just see?!?" But at the end of the day, when I humble myself and realize that I am just a moment and a part of a plan that is bigger than our mortal existence, I realize that God is always in charge. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO WORK OUT! It was President Hinckley's favorite phrase, and I think It's quickly becoming mine! God's in charge and nothing can stop his work from rolling forward!

Well, you all no that I love you and that I pray for you! 
Have the greatest of weeks!

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment