Friday, January 20, 2017

Changes Week

This week was a full one. That's for sure!

Usually when it's time for changes, the new missionaries show up on Tuesday morning and They sit through presentations all morning long and then we give them their new companions Wednesday morning during changes. 

BUT, because of Guatemalan Political Turmoil they had to send the new missionaries on Monday. Which gave us more time to do all the presentations but also made it so we had to create a bunch of THINGS to fill their time for one extra day. It did mean that we didn't get to our area on Monday or Tuesday though :( I've been praying super hard that our area will flourish despite our occasional absence. 

Monday was good though. We woke up early to make sure that everything was going to be ready when the news showed up, adn then they showed up late! President does NOT like it when things run behind schedule so he was a little stressed, but they showed up fine and we got everything done with them we needed to. The news this chage are really cool! most of them are from Central America, and they have a really POWERFUL energy about them. They are excited to be here and they are going to do great things!

Monday night we gave them dinner at President's house. It is my job to talk with Giovanni Alas(the member that does ALL the catering for our mission!) and getting everything ordered and paid for! we had chicken cordon bleu and everyone was super happy with the food! It made me feel great!

Tuesday We had the second half of the meetings where all the office staff gives our presentations( I teach new missionaries how to budget, how fun!) haha and then we sent them to the temple! right then the missionaries came that were back from Belize! It was great to see Elders Gee, Gardner, Ostler, Sweat, and others again after several changes of being in different countries! haha good reuinions! Then after the temple we took the news to Antiguo Cuscatlan(like the old downtown) and helped them place some pamphlets and then we bought them pupusas and took them to the AP's house. Once again, my job to order and pay for the food. I don't think I've ever had 132 pupusas in my possesion before!!! It was so cool! so many bags!

haha and then Wednesday we got Elder Jenks! Change meeting is always super long becuase at that point it was the 3rd day waking up early in the week and it's long, hot, and in the sun! but everything went really well and now we are in a trio again! 

Elder Jenks is a super humble farm boy from Washington that has 6 months in the mission. He is super funny and has the best laugh I think in the world! haha he is just happy to be here and LOVES to work! I'm super pumped to get to know him OVER THE NEXT 3 CHANGES!!!! haha it's cool knowing your changes for 5 changes!

haha well I'm running out of time but I'd like to share an almost poetic moment I had sending a letter this week to (shoutout warning) Hayley Tanner

The days are long but the weeks are short, months fly by like Jet planes and years start to slip through your fingers!

Tomorrow I hit 18 months! If I were a sister missionary I would have finished on Wednesday at changes! haha It's so WEIRD!!!!

Anyways, I love you all, and I want you to know that I LOVE being a missionary and helping people to be happy!

Have the greatest of weeks!

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment