Friday, February 10, 2017

Di kaina rilijan weh Gaad luk pan az kleen ahn perfek da laik dis

Fifty points to whoever can find out which scripture I quoted in the subject line. Belize Kriol.

This week was really great. We had a CLM(Missionary Leaders Conference but in Spanish) conference on Tuesday. We don't actually go to the whole thing(It's mainly for the Zone Leaders, and taught by President and the Assistants) but we get it all set up and make sure the food gets there and all that stuff. Behind the curtains.

Also I had the scary realization that I've passed halfway on my time here in the office. It's passing way too fast. And I don't even want to think about life after the office because the month of June will go too fast. 

I've been thinking a lot about how much I love being a missionary. I love being with people. Talking to them. Learning from them. Helping them as possible. I wish sometimes I were more of an extrovert. I remember how E. Cuevas would just get people's trust so fast. He could get anyone to open up and talk to him. I want to be more like that. 

So Today more than anything let me talk first about the people

Maldonados. Same as usual. Progressing but at their own pace. We've kinda decided that's ok, but we are also not ONLY going to be teach them. Looking for news always. Stephany gives a talk in church this week, so we hope they'll come to support her! I know they are going to be great converts some day. They'll get there, but they need patience and love.

Dora Alvarez. Doing well, but working SO much. In our last couple of lessons with her she has been very worn out from her busy work schedule. I found out this week she is learning to play the guitar! She lets me borrow her guitar and now we sing the opening hymn with guitar accompaniment in the lessons :) :) :)

Majano Family. Just a recap: The Majano's are members of the church. There is a Mom(who we haven't met) and 4 kids. (don't know name of oldest), Kevin, Veronica, and Jasmine. They are all graduated from college and working(except Jasmine, she is still a teenager, and has down syndrome :) Veronica is the most active (although she hasn't come to church in a while.) and Lorena is Kevin's wife. Lorena is NOT a member. But she has expressed a lot of interest and we hope to help them ALL to get to the temple some day :)

Always working on finding new people who are willing to listen :)

Green Mango season is in full swing and I couldn't be happier :)

Pupusas are the best thing that have ever happened to me.

I love being a missionary.

I hope that you all are doing well and hope to keep hearing stories and to be part of your life!

Love you all!
Have the greatest of weeks!

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment