Monday, January 18, 2016

Life is like Pupusas

You probably don't understand that simile. But let me explain it to you.

When one makes a pupusa, it is done on a burning hot griddle so that it cooks faster and better. Imagine a grill cooking hamburgers. As you would expect, when that pupusa is served, it is kinda insanely hot. However, there is no respectable way to eat a pupusa besides using your fingers. (trust me any other way is almost a sin and doesn't taste as good.)

Regardless of the heat, a pupusa is one of the most delicious and rewarding things a person can eat. That being said, Life is like a pupusa. It hurts a little, but its worth it.

This week has been such a great week!!!! I am learning a lot from my son. He has a lot to learn, but there are somethings you can't teach that he already has. Like desire and work ethic and lame puns(you can imagine I've been thrilled to finally learn lame jokes in Spanish) He got sick this week, which was hard to watch because he got a little discouraged, but I did my best to help him to be happy. I`ve found that free ice cream makes people happy faster than almost anything else:)

Our investigators are doing great. If all works out as I hope that it does. The end of this month Oscar and his wife should be baptized!!! They could use some prayers though to help them to that goal.

We`ve been teaching the cousin of a member named Eduardo Moran, who has come to church a few times, and this week he accepted a baptismal date for the 30th!!!  as always prayers are greatly appreciated!

Also, this week we are going to the beach! So I have a little less time to write today than I would have otherwise. But, I hope you all have the greatest of weeks and that you know that I love you SOOOOOO much.

Be happy:)

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment